Bread Machine Doughnuts
An easy recipe for homemade doughnuts. The original recipe says you will get 2 dozen doughnuts cut from the dough but I have never been able to get more than 1 dozen. I usually just sprinkle hot doughnuts with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar -- we can't wait for a glaze! These are light and airy and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Measure ingredients into your ABM baking pan.
- Select dough setting and start machine.
- Roll finished dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a 2-1/2 inch donut cutter.
- Let rise, covered, 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Deep fry in fat at 375 degrees.
- Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry until brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels. Either glaze or dust with powdered sugar.