Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delightful Swedish dessert or breakfast. From Swedish Food web site. Posted for ZWT3.
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml liquid honey
- 4 slice hardy white bread
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 42.52 g butter
- Mix sugar and blue berries until sugar has melted.
- Whip cream and add vanilla and honey.
- Dip bread slices in sugar and cinnamon.
- Fry in butter in a skillet.
- Place one slice on each plate; divide whipped cream mixture among slices; top with blueberries.
Wow! Wow! Wow! Oh my gosh was this ever delicious! I used a Canadian White bread that remained crisp in the frying-the sweetened cream was not overpowering and the blueberries seasoned just right. If I can get away with this for breakfast I'll never skip it again. TFS this awesome recipe. ZWT3.