Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Festivas Juninas (June Festivals) are held in honor of Roman Catholic saints—St. Anthony, St. Peter, and St. John. Brazilians believe St. John protects the corn and green bean harvests, giving them plenty of food in the upcoming year. They celebrate St. John's Day with a harvest festival. Brazilians like to eat corn, as corn-on-the-cob and popcorn, and corn-based dishes such as corn puddings and corn cake, at all of the Festivas Juninas. From FoodinBrazil.com
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix; slowly add milk, eggs, butter, and corn; mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- To test if the cake is done, stick a toothpick into the center; the cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the pan by turning it over onto a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve.