Recipe by English_Rose
Griddled spiced chicken and a crunchy flavour-packed salad make fuss-free preparation and easy eating.
For the marinade
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 bay leaves, bruised
- 2 limes, juice of, only
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon green hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- mixed salad green
- 2 green peppers
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade together in a food processor and whiz to a smooth paste.
- Using a sharp knife, make diagonal slashes in the chicken and place in an ovenproof dish. Cover with the marinade and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Shake off any excess marinade and cook on a hot griddle plate for about 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- To make the green pepper salad, whisk together the sugar, green pepper sauce and lime juice in a large bowl, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Stir in the herbs. Add the salad leaves, green peppers and scallions and toss gently together.
- Serve the chicken straight from the griddle, with a generous pile of salad.