Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a sweet, but not an overly sweet cake. It is drizzled with a mixture of coconut milk & sugar once baked, which makes it super moist. This cake is often sliced and served when cold.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 8 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
To drizzle over the cake
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 F fan assisted. Butter and dust with flour a 9" or 10" cake pan.
- Beat the eggs for 5 minutes until they double in volume. Then add the condensed milk, the melted butter, the sifted flour and baking powder. Mix gently with a spatula until the mixture is even, without any lumps. (Or use your Kitchenaid, doubling the egg volume first) Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, make tiny holes all over the dense cake using a fork and pour the mixture of coconut milk and sugar evenly over it.
- Let it cool in its pan for about 5 min, then transfer it to a rack. Sprinkle it with grated coconut before serving. Fresh grated coconut is preferable, but you can use dried. Let the cake sit a few hours in the refrigerator after it cools.
- *note: if you use some sweetened coconut milk or cream, your result will be sweeter.