A German twist on the classic deli sandwich. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an electric sandwich press and grill or grill pan to medium high. These sandwiches can also be made in a regular skillet if you don't have a sandwich press.
- 2Place the split bratwurst on the grill or grill pan and cook until marked and heated through.
- 3Keep pressing them down while they cook so they don't curl up.
- 4While the bratwurst are cooking, combine the sauerkraut and relish in a bowl.
- 5Place 4 slices of the onion rye on a cutting board, spread them with a little mustard and top with a slice of the havarti.
- 6Top the cheese with a grilled bratwurst -- cutting the bratwurst to fit your bread -- some of the relish/sauerkraut mixture, then another slice of the havarti.
- 7Slather the remaining slices of bread with some more mustard and place them on top of each sandwich.
- 8If you are making these in a skillet, lightly butter the bread before adding them to the skillet.
- 9To press it down, get a brick from your garden, wrap it in tin foil and use it to weight down your sammy.
- 10If using a sandwich press you can grill the sandwiches dry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bratwurst Reubens
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 1891.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet corn relish
havarti with dill