Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Modified from Elise's Nov 22, 2008 post to Simply Recipes -- Have on hand for the holidays; top a cheesecake, or great served on vanilla ice cream or pound cake!
- 340.19 g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml brandy
- 29.58 ml orange zest (finely shredded ~ or substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons orange oil)
- 354.88 ml walnuts (toasted and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sort through cranberries and discard any that are soft or decayed.
- Mix cranberries, sugar, brandy, and orange zest in a Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for one hour.
- While the cranberries are roasting, toast the walnuts in a medium-heat iron skillet, on the stove top, stirring constantly, until fragrant ~ be careful not to burn them!
- Stir toasted walnuts into hot roasted cranberries.
- Makes approximately 3 cups. Chill up to one week.