Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is one of my favorite on the Kellogg's website. Good way to get in your fiber!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal (I use the Extra Fiber kind)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use fat free)
- 1 cup banana (the riper the better)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg (I use egg whites)
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk and bananas. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into ten 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.