Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Hemp contains omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9, the good essential fatty acids for energy, great skin, beautiful hair and balanced hormones. I love this porridge because of the 3 types of oats used creating a different texture then just porridge oats alone.
- 4 ounces oat bran
- 4 ounces scotch oats (or Oat groats)
- 4 ounces porridge oats
- 3 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons barley malt syrup or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons agave syrup
- 6 cups water or 6 cups rice milk
- Place the grains, water or rice milk in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, until thickened.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle some raw hemp seeds on top and drizzle over the malt barley syrup or agave.