Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 375 g elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 recipe braised pork shoulder with onion (see Braised Pork Shoulder With Onions)
- 1⁄2 cup 15% cooking cream or 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the pork and place in a large saucepan with the braising liquid. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Let reduce for about 5 minutes. Add the pasta and parmesan and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. It is normal that the preparation seems liquid.
- Pour into a 33 X 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) or a 3 liters (12 cups) baking dish. Cover with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown. Let rest for 10 minutes.