Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is an absolutely delicious dinner!! Its easy and uses low-cost ingredients, but looks and tastes like a million bucks. I usually double the sauce ingredients because the sauce is outstanding! Great with rice. From Martha Stewart.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 thin slices (plus juice below)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces (cold butter)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a 12-inch skillet with a tight-fitting lid, arrange thighs, bone side up; season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, wine, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over. Place a lemon slice on each piece; cover and continue simmering until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Leaving garlic and liquid in skillet, transfer chicken and lemon slices to a platter. Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add butter, parsley, and lemon juice; stir until butter has softened and sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with sauce.
This was an easy, simple recipe that netted a delicious dinner. Followed the recipe except for using fresh thyme (3/4 tsp) instead of dried, because we had it. I will make again