Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful yeast bread made easy in your bread machine.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons water (80°)
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Place all bread ingredients in bread machine pan in order as suggested by your manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough to floured surface.
- If necessary, add extra flour and knead to make dough easier to handle.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces and roll each piece into a 15" rope.
- Braid the 3 ropes together, pinching ends to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheet, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle on bread.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.