Recipe by Little Mommy
My younger brother is a very picky eater. He does love the meat on the skewers at Chinese buffets. My mom created a much healthier version for him at home. It was also great when my father was on his low carb diet.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
These are great! I read that the chicken on a stick at the chinese buffets use thigh meat so I bought boneless chicken thigh meat. Super easy to make and you could easily marinate more than 1 pound of chicken with this recipe. I marinated my chicken for about 6 hours. I'll probably use less creamy peanut butter next time. My other suggestion is to be sure to leave some space on the skewers between the chicken meat. This will help them to cook more evenly.
- 1 (1 lb) package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle teriyaki marinade
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips about 1/4'' to 1/2'' wide.
- combine all ingredients with enough teriyaki sauce to cover the chicken breasts and marinate overnight.
- soak wooden skewers in water and run several strips onto each skewer.
- preheat broiler.
- cover roasting pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil skewers about 10 minutes per side, or until chicken is done.
- serve with rice if desired.