Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on another site, adjusted it a bit and made it for my boyfriend. He makes incredible chili (expensive and it takes all day to make!) but when I served this to him he kept eating until it was gone! And then asked WHEN I was going to make it again!
- 1 lb hamburger, browned,drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I use Prego)
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (I use Lowry's or McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beans (I use Chili beans in chili sauce)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Brown hamburger in dutch oven.
- Add onions, cook until onions are transparent.
- Drain off fat.
- Add all other ingredients, stir and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Re-season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in large bowls with toppings available for individualization!
- Serve with lots of Ritz Crackers!
I made this for a family get-together, and everyone thought it was good. My only problem with it is that it had a definite spaghetti sauce flavor to it, which I'm not used to in chili. I only used 2 teaspoons of chili powder. Any more chili powder would have been too spicy for me.