Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will get rave reviews from this simple recipe that I stumbled upon in an in-store flyer.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (Bow Tie)
- 6 links mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, Julienne cut in oil drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Grill sausages and set aside. Once cool, slice into bite size rounds.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse to cool, drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the asparagus, cooking 6 - 8 minutes until almost tender. Immediately plunge the cooked asparagus into cold water. When cool, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, asparagus, red onion and sun dried tomatoes and sausage.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, white wine vinegar, tarragon and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the garlic mayonnaise over the salad and toss.