Recipe by Nic
These are little bites of cucumber, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. They are quick to prepare, but for a different presentation, you could cut rounds of cucumber and pile the cheese/basil/tomato on top. The amount of nibbles depends on the size of the cucumber, so ingredient amounts are a guide. You don't have to use Boursin, which is a soft French cheese, you can use cream cheese and in fact, the Recipezaar system wouldn't let me type in 'Boursin'. Recipe comes from my blog.
Top Review by flower7
These are nice! I didn't have Boursin so used cream cheese with garlic, parmesan, dried herbs and fresh parsley mixed in. I had one 8-inch long cucumber and got about 20 pieces. The tomatoes and herbs were a great combo with the cuke. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 small cucumber
- 100 g cream cheese with herbs
- 20 -25 fresh basil leaves
- 20 -25 sun blushed sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 20 -25 semi dried tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cucumber in half length-ways and slice a little off the bottom to make it sit flat on the plate. Note: you can peel the cucumber if you prefer or if the skin is tough - it's easier to do this before slicing in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Fill the hollow of the cucumber with the Boursin or cream cheese, smooth top with a knife.
- Cut the cucumber into bite sized pieces and top each one with a basil leaf and a tomato. Secure with a cocktail stick.
- Drizzle with some of the olive oil from the tomatoes.
- Chill until ready to serve.