Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe comes from Katherine White, in, "United We Stand" ,a cookbook of recipes from the friends and family of Marine Wing Support Group-47. (Have not tried it yet myself)
- 6 lbs ham
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, and mustard powder.
- Bake ham, wrapped in heavy paper towel, for 2 hours at 325 degrees. Remove paper towel; cut off fat, then score the ham.
- Rub butter mixture all over the ham.
- Stir bourbon and orange juice together.
- Pour half of the o.j. and bourbon over the ham.
- Continue to bake ham another 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with remaining o.j. and bourbon.