Recipe by lets.eat
This recipe was on a package of Village Market Frozen Chicken Wings. Apple Juice may be substituted for the bourbon. Sounds good to me!
Top Review by kgaldonik
These wings are VERY good! I doubled the recipe and added a touch more brown sugar. I also thickened the sauce with cornstarch. It made the sauce kind of like "sticky wings". I started with a 3lbs bag of frozen wings "portions" and browned them under the broiler to crisp them up. I then combined the sauce and chicken in a pan and let it cook a little longer. I then put them in my crockpot to finish cooking. As stated these are awesome and they are not any leftovers!
- 16 frozen chicken wings
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon (or apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place frozen wings in a single layer in the prepared skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, turning wings often to prevent from sticking.