C'est tres bon, is all I can say! Just typing this awesome Cajun brownie recipe is making me drool... Source is Cajun Delights cooking blog. I know what dessert will be tonite!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- In large saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and water. Cook, over medium heat, until just boiling. Add chocolate chips, and stir until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the eggs, bourbon, and vanilla, and beat lightly. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and pecans and mix well.
- Spread the batter into prepared 8x8 baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes and cool in the pan. Top with Praline Icing.
- PRALINE ICING:.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil. Boil for one minute, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth. Add pecans and continue to stir for about 3 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour onto cooled brownies. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Very enjoyable brownies ! I did not do the icing as it would have been a bit too sweet for our tastes. The stove top method of making them really appealed to me as this became a very quick recipe to whip up. They were eaten in a flash. Made for ZWT9.