Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Family Favorite, my mom used to make it all the time. It is really really simple. The amounts used all depend on how much sauce you want left over to reduce, so feel free to add more if you'd like. note:use low or no sodium unless you love salty foods.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 pork tenderloin
- mix all together and put in fridge for 20min-24hours.
- Broil for 10-15 min (20 for well done).
- While pork is cooking reduce marinade on stove, you can add corn starch mixed with a little water to thicken.
- Serve sliced on the bias over white or fried rice.
this pork was amazing!! i made it almost exactly, except when i reduced the sauce, the smell of the bourbon seemed a little strong, so i diluted it with some beef broth and a few dashes of worcestershire sauce, and thickened it back up with a little cornstarch. absolutely fantastic!! thanks, Liza!!
how funny is this - it's an old family favorite of ours as well!!! although - we never used the teriyaki - hmmm will try that!! i love this dish with garlic cheese grits and green beans.. :-)