Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This raita has been a staple in my house ever since my dad was a kid. This is the kind of raita you would find easily in roadside restaurants (dhabas) all over Punjab. Very refreshing on a hot summer day--also very filling if you are on a diet!!!
- 2 cups yogurt (thick n beaten)
- 1 cup grated bottle gourd (ghiya)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Boil grated ghiya till soft, drain and cool it.
- Mix in the yogurt.
- If yogurt is very thick, mix little milk or water.
- Now add salt, cumin powder, pepper powder and mint leaves.
- Keep in refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Serve ghiya raita chilled.