Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This recipe adapted from Kraft Kitchens. These are impressive little cupcakes that taste just like a boston cream pie or chocolate eclair
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 ounce vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4-serving size)
- 1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping, divided
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake batter and bake in 24 greased medium muffin pan cups as directed on package. Cool 10 minute in pans. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 2POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Let stand 5 minute to thicken. Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Gently stir 1/2 cup of the whipped topping into pudding.
- 3Spoon about 1 tablespoons of the pudding mixture onto bottom half of each cupcake; cover with top of cupcake.
- 4MICROWAVE remaining 1 cup whipped topping and the chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minute or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute.
- 5Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Frost each cupcake with about 1-1/2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture.
- 6Refrigerate at least 15 minute before serving. Store leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cream Pie Minis
Serving Size: 1 (1085 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 167.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g