Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Best Recipes from the backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars" by Cecil Dyer. This recipe was first introduced in the 1930's from Kraft and it's a real budget stretcher they say. Who doesn't need that now. I saw a recipe similar to this already posted but this one has fewer ingredients.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (22 ounce) can baked beans
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 1 (4 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown meat; drain.
- Add onion; cook until tender.
- Stir in beans, chili sauce and seasonings.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Fill buns with meat mixture and cheese.