Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 2 cups small white beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Mix and store in an airtight jar.
- Attach the following instructions to a gift tag: Boston Baked Beans: 1 jar Boston Baked Beans mix, 2 slices diced bacon, 4 3/4 cups water, 3/4 cup chopped onion, 1 garlic clove, minced, 3 tablespoons dark molasses, 2 tablespoons mustard Combine all ingredients in a crockpot or bean pot.
- Cook on LOW in crockpot for 10 to 12 hours, or at 300 degrees F in oven, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.