Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
These are made with a surpirse ingredient, prunes. These are made a little differently than are the others that I have found posted. I don't know where I found this recipe but here it is.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 (4 1/2 ounce) chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 ounces chopped almonds (optional) or 4 ounces chopped walnuts (optional) or 4 ounces chopped cashews (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prune, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄4 cup colored sugar sprinkle, for rolling
- Put chocolate chips into a double boiler on low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Put cookies & nuts, if using, into food processor and process until finely ground, about 1/2 cups.
- Stir crumbs, pitted prunes, confectioner's sugar, bourbon or brandy and condensed milk into chocolate mixture until evenly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture until firm enough to roll into balls, about 24 hours.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon or so of mixture with a cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop, roll each portion with cool hands into a smooth ball and set on baking sheet or large plate.
- To serve, put sugar on a plate and roll balls to coat, & serve at room temperature.