Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sweet fried doughnut kind of desert. Great for dinner parties and you can pour syrup, chocolate or any other sauce over it.
- 250 g water
- 100 g butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g dried fruit, like raisins
- Place the oil and water in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and when cool add to the oil.
- Add the salt and lemon rind.
- Add the fruit; mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 egg at a time, mixing well.
- Using a spoon, deep fry 1 spoonful of this mixture.
- Place on a kitchen/paper towel to drain.
- Pour over any sauce of your liking--chocolate, syrup, strawberry etc.