Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for a Halloween Bonfire supper! From The Southern Heritage Celebrations Cookbook.
Make and share this Bonfire Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices onions
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Combine first 6 ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each patty, securing with a toothpick.
- Grill patties over medium coals 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place patties on bottom of buns. Top each with lettuce leaf, onion, and tomato slices; cover with bun tops.
I will glady repay you Tuesday for a hamburger like this one today. Made for PAC Fall 2011.