Recipe by ElaineAnn
Chicken in a tangy barbecue sauce.
Top Review by Chuck in Buffalo,NY
I truly loved this recipe. I did add some minced garlic to the onion at the end of browning and a little Tabasco. The chicken was very moist and plumped up quite a bit. It was a real taste treat and everyone raved about it. I would try this one if I were you. It is easy and delicious.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge with flour. Brown in a small amount of fat in skillet.
- Place in a greased baking dish (1 1/2 to 2-quart) or a 13 x 9-inch pan works nicely.
- Cook the onion in margarine in a saucepan until brown. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour over chicken. Bake in 400° oven for 40 minutes.
- This can be made early in the day and refrigerated until time to bake, or it can be cooked in a slow cooker all day.