Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Carnation: Maintain bone health with this calcium-rich Bone-Building Smoothie recipe. With a delicious blend of vanilla fat free yogurt and vitamin-dense fruit, this nutritious beverage provides 80 percent of the recommended daily allowance of calcium for adults. And since building strong bones begins in childhood, try one of the Kid-Favorite Variations for a refreshing blend kids will love.
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh berries (or 1/2 a banana) or 1⁄2 cup frozen berries (or 1/2 a banana)
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (36 g) packet vanilla instant breakfast drink mix (or Strawberry)
- PLACE ice, evaporated milk, berries and/or banana, yogurt and Carnation Instant Breakfast in blender; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Kid-Favorite Variations:.
- - Use 1/2 cup Berry or Apple Flavor JUICY JUICE in addition to evaporated milk and proceed as above.
- - Use 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Syrup in addition to Carnation Instant Breakfast and proceed as above.
A yummy smoothie which I'll certainly make again for make-the-night-before-breakfasts-in-the-car! Because I always make my smoothies the night before, I never include ice. I used frozen raspberries and doubled the yoghurt and added two drops of vanilla essence as I wasn't at all sure what the instant breakfast drink mix was. I generally use only Greek yoghurt, but I discovered making this that non-fat yoghurts are fine in smoothies because there are so many other delicious flavours. For me, this was a great discovery: it means all my smoothies from now on will be lower in fat! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Karen=^..^=. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.