Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is one of my article recipes from the "Favorite Recipes from Local Restaurants" article. These little gems are BeeeUUUUtifu on a appy table. They're green and white and just DEEEELISH! They're also meatless, good cold or room temp, and make ahead. I will say that when given the recipe, the chef said that he makes the filling with 20 lb. blocks of cream cheese and just adds the seasonings to taste. SO..with that said...OH, and make the filling about 2 hours before making the rolls. It looks like a lot of work time, but it isn't - cook time is chill time and prep time is approximate.
Top Review by Mom loves to cook
This was great! Party goers gobbled them up and they were very easy. A couple of things to make it go quicker and one suggestion to the recipe. IN the description it says Onion powder and not Garlic Salt. Also, I did not refrigerate until I had spread rolled cut and stabbed with toothe picks then I refrigerated until I was ready to leave about 1 hour. Very simple and very tasty, definetly a keeper.
- spinach tortilla (check in the deli section for these)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- garlic salt, to taste
- chives, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl with a mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in garlic salt and chives to taste. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours (overnight is better).
- To make rolls, let cream cheese come to room temperature. Spread a small amount of cream cheese on the tortilla and roll jelly-roll style. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow rap to firm.
- Slice 1/2" thick and stick a cocktail toothpick through the pinwheel.
- NOTE: Yield depends on how many tortillas you use.