Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy !
Make and share this Bolognese Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 500 g beef mince
- 500 g pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- grated cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion, cook, stirring till soft.
- Add beef mince, cook stirring until changed in colour.
- Add sauce, rice and water, bring to boil.
- Pour rice mixture into large ovenproof dish.
- Cover dish with double layer of foil.
- Cook in moderate oven 180 C for 30 minutes until rice is tender.
- Steam peas till tender and add to risotto with basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Dirt easy to make ... My kind of recipe!! :-D
Good for pot-luck or buffet type meals and really delicious!
For some reason I can imagine a group of hungry teenagers devouring this meal. An economical filler upper. My DD (24) thoroughly enjoyed it and seemed to be eating for breakfast lunch and tea for a couple of days. It does cook up a very generous amount and the ingredients could easily be halved if you don't have a large family to feed. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap April 2011