1/1 Photo of Bok Choy in Cream Sauce
For this lovely light dish you can use either Chinese cabbage or Bok Choi. This is an unusual preparation from eastern China. Taken from Kenneth Lao's Complete Encyclopedia of Chinese Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the leaves and cut each in half length-wise, then cross-wise.
- 2Heat 4 T of the oil in a wok until hot.
- 3Add cabbage and fry for 3 minutes.
- 4Add salt & Sugar and mix well.
- 5Remove from pan when tender.
- 6Heat 1 T oil in the wok.
- 7Add stock and bring to a boil.
- 8Put cornstarch in water, mix well
- 9Add cornstarch mix & milk to stock, stirring well about 1 minute until thick.
- 10Pour 1/2 the stock mix into a container.
- 11Add cabbage to sauce left in the pan and mix and heat thoroughly.
- 12Put on serving plate and top with remaining sauce. Grind pepper on top.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bok Choy in Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 1180.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: