1/2 Photos of Bok Choy and Shiitakes
this is a quick side dish , courtesy of the NY Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 -6 heads baby bok choy or 1/2 head regular bok choy, leaves and stems separated and stems roughly chopped
- 10 small shiitake mushrooms, caps only,left whole
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup water (or more)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1Put wok or large skillet over maximum heat, and add oil.
- 2When oil smokes, add garlic.
- 3Stir once, and add the bok choy.
- 4Cook for a minute or two until it just begins to brown.
- 5Then stir, and add shiitakes and sugar.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, a minute or two, and add the chicken stock and fish sauce.
- 7Cook, stirring, until the bok choy is tender.
- 8Add a bit more stock or water if necessary the mixture should not dry out entirely.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bok Choy and Shiitakes
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 779.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g