Recipe by moose Belfour
Top Review by Cathy-O
The whole family loved this cake! I halved the recipe, using just 1/2 cup of raisin water, 3/4 cup raisins (didn't have any more at home), 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg, half of the flour, sugar and baking powder. It was delicious and light. I used a 1.5 liter loaf pan and baked for 40 minutes. Couldn't believe that I made a cake with just 1/4 cup margarine and 1 egg! Thanks to you Moose Belfour
- 3 cups raisins, boil 10 minutes and cool, reserve 1 cup of liquid
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar together; add eggs and juice.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Combine the two in one large mixing bowl.
- (Don't forget to fold in the raisins).
- Bake in 9 x 13-inch pan for 40 to 45 minutes at 350°F.
- This goes good with a maple icing.