Recipe by Southern Fried Chica
Here's the best recipe for 'bawld' peanuts I have ever found y'all... got it from the Piggly Wiggly flyer LOL - seriously. They are the only ones I've found that actually taste like the roadside versions. A little bit of cayenne would make these Hawt Bawld Pnuts. Now when I say salt to taste... the original called for 1/4 to 1/2 box of salt - I just pour a whole lotta in there and they've always turned out.
Top Review by alvinakatz
This is the only boiled peanut recipe I'll use from now on. It does taste like the roadside stand peanuts. And the cooking time is much shorter than for other boiled peanut recipes. I wasn't sure what green peanuts were. I used raw ones in the shell and it worked just fine.
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill pot with enough water so all peanuts are floating with room to sink.
- Add salt to taste (1/4 - 1/2 box).
- Add one or two splashes of white vinegar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low; boil for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After boiling, let peanuts soak in brine for about 2 hours. Some prefer (but has never happened in our house) to let finished peanuts sit in ziploc bags in refrigerator overnight.