Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A family friend (Bob) is famous for his "cobblers". This is my favorite, however you can change the fruit to any you like.
- 18 ounces white cake mix (any brand)
- 1 (20 ounce) can peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) can Sprite (or similar)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- dump peaches into glass baking sheet (do not drain).
- empty cake mix contents over peaches.
- Pour sprite over the top of the cake mix, add butter on top.
- bake as directed on box (temp and time).
- DO NOT add any ingredients listed on box.
i tried this cobbler, item for item and cooked for appropriate time and then some, but still had almost 1/2 inch of liquid in my baking dish AFTER it was time to remove it from the oven. to me, this was a FAIL...