Recipe by Mark & Stacy
This is a goulash recipe from Good Housekeeping, named for Paula Deen's son. It was hearty and had good flavor. We did not have any of Paula Deen's seasonings, so we used our own season salt and a combo of salt, peppper, and garlic powder for the house seasoning. Her house seasoning recipe is available on this website.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paula deen's house seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paula deen's seasoning salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In 6 qt Dutch oven, cook ground beef on medium- high until no pink remains, stirring occasionally.
- Place beef back in Dutch oven and add onions.
- Stir well, and cook until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, house seasoning, and season salt. Stir well. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in elbow macaroni and cover. Simmer on low for 25 minutes more, until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat. Fish out the bay leaves and dispose of them.
- Allow to rest off the heat for 30 minutes prior to serving.