Recipe by lauralie41
Just watched Bobby Flay's show Boy Meets Grill the Southern Style Grilling episode and saw him make a Bourbon Cherry Slushie. It looked so good I had to post the recipe here for safe keeping. He did mention if cherry juice isnt available to substitute with cranberry juice.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 2 cups Bourbon
- ice cube
- lemon slice
- orange slice
- mint, one sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl or pitcher add the water, orange and lemon juice concentrates, cherry juice and bourbon, stir well. Cover and place in refrigerator for approximately two hours or unit very well chilled.
- Pour some of the mixture into a blender and add ice as needed for a slushie drink. Pour into a margarita glass and garnish with the lemon and/or orange slices and sprig of mint.
- Repeat with remaining juice in your bowl or pitcher.