This is an extremely simple horse cookie that I developed for my special boy, Blue. Try them, they are so much cheaper to make than buying those ridiculously priced ones at the tack shop! As a matter of fact, you could probably even whip up a batch in the time it takes just to get there!
- in a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- in a smaller bowl, combine the applesauce, honey, and molasses.
- pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix with a wooden spoon. (batter will be tough).
- if you are having trouble getting all of the ingredients to combine, add in small amounts of water and continue mixing until all of dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- roll batter into golfball-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- flatten each ball with either your hand of the bottom of a measuring cup.
- bake at 350 for 15 minutes.