Mookie (Oatmeal Cookies)
photo by Jody Thompson
- Ready In:
- Mix butter and brown sugar until thoroughly blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine oats, flour, salt, and baking powder. Blend oat mixture with butter mixture.
- Stir in walnuts, coconut and raisins.*.
- Pack cookie dough into an ice cream scoop (4 oz size) or 1/2 cup measuring cup, scrape dough level with rim, and empty onto lightly oiled baking sheets, spacing dough about 3 inches apart.
- Bake in 350 oven until cookie edges are golden brown about 20 minutes. Cool cookies on a rack, serve or store airtight for up to 2 days.
- *TIPS: I have never added the walnuts, coconut or raisins to this recipe, so I do not know how they will turn out with them. BUT -- They are AWESOME without them!
- Also, I have made this using the 1/2 cup measuring cup, and by the teaspoon, I believe they taste waaay better when measuring the dough by 1/2 cup!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!