Recipe by ferinboberin
I found this recipe in a Cooks Illustrated magazine, and it is pretty much the same but I added some cinnamon into the recipe to give it a little warmth to cut through the tartness of everything else haha. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used.
- 6 cups blueberries
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated tapioca
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place half of berries in saucepan over medium heat. Mash slightly if using fresh to release juices.
- Cook down till juice is thickened and reduced to about 1 1/2 Cups. Let cool slightly.
- Place grated apple in kitchen towel and wring dry.
- Put everything in bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer to dough lined pan, place several pats of butter and cover with more dough. Cut slits for steam.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, then reduce to 350 until done.