Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! You don't need all the fat and sugar to enjoy this comfort food! Might want to double the receipe as they tend to disappear!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup splenda no calorie artificial sweetener
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon smart balance 67% buttery spread margarine
- Preheat oven to 375. Place muffin liners in muffin tins. (15)
- Combine 2 c flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Mix sugar and Splenda; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg with 3/4 c sugar/Splenda mix until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and beat until thoroughly combined; blend in vanilla.
- Add half of flour mixture and half of milk to sugar mixture; beat until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and milk; beat until smooth, do not over-beat.
- Fold in blueberries and fill each muffin liner; set asided.
- To make streusel topping, combine remaining sugar/Splenda mix and 1/4 C flour. Melt Smart Balance and add. Mix with a fork. Divide crumb mixture over muffins and press into top of muffin batter if necessary.
- Bake until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Cool in pans for about 10-15 minutes and then transfer muffins onto racks to cool completely .
- You can use any combination of berries in this recipe. Frozen berries are fine to use as long as you make sure they are thawed before baking.
I made these for myself and my husband loved them just as much as I did!