Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine. This is a moist cake filled with juicy berries and crunchy pecans.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, milk and butter; beat well.
- Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.
A woman I work with made this cake yesterday. Came to zaar to see if it had been posted. I was surprised how moist it was! Very rich, and tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe on here!