Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A delightful summer pie!
Top Review by jruby19
This pie completely ruined a lot of expensive berries I had. As I should have known, the filling had a chalky flavor. This was because the corn starch wasn't mixed with hot water prior to adding to the pie. Were it not for this I'd bet this would be a great pie.
- pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Beat the egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over crust. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over the filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining egg/water mixture; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.