Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
An old one from my Granny's collection. You can use the fruit pie filling of your choice. Popular at baby and bridal showers.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter cake mix with pudding
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 (21 ounce) cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, divided
- Prepare the cake mix according to its package directions for a 13x9 inch pan; bake as directed; cool.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions; store in refrigerator.
- To assemble the cake: crumble half of the cooled cake into the bottom of a glass punch bowl, trifle bowl, or large glass serving bowl.
- Layer with half the pudding, half the pineapple, 1 can of blueberry pie filling, half of the Cool whip, then half of the nuts.
- Repeat layers.
- Store in the refrigerator.
A Big hit at a recent family reunion.Several family members asked for the recipe!!!It makes quite a bit and almost every bit was gone. This was the only desert there that was pretty much gone. Even a cousin who normally doesn't care for deserts had gone back for seconds!