Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From "Simply Delicious"- Herberger's Employee Family Recipes (My mom calls the department store "Hergy-Bergys") :) Submitted by Joy Hornung of St. Cloud, Minnesota. For the glaze, you can blend 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butter, 2 to 3 teaspoons milk, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract until smooth and use what amount you want.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease and flour the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Drain blueberries on paper towels.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and egg- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- In a small bowl mix flour, poppyseed, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with sour cream.
- Spread butter on bottom and up on inch on sides.
- Combine filling ingredients and spoon over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and remove side of pan.
- Drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze while still warm.