Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy smoothie that tastes just like blueberry pie! With wheat germ, this even has a crust. I like the dessert quality of the smoothie, but it may be a little sweet for you. Feel free to reduce, increase, or adjust to your tastes. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if you'd like, but I just sprinkle on a little extra wheat germ (more crust!).
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2⁄3 cup no-sugar-added nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- NOTE: Add ingredients in prescribed order. It will blend easier.
- Place, in order, blueberries, cinnamon, lemon zest, Splenda, syrup, and yogurt.
- Pulse until most of the blueberries are chopped, then blend until smooth. You may need to stir to help everything combine.
- Add the wheat germ and blend until mixed inches
- Top with whatever you'd like.