Blueberry Pecan Shortbread Squares
- Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Stir together pecans, flour, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar at medium speed with a heavy duty electric stand mixer 2 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed 30 seconds after each addition until a dough comes together and holds shape.
- Press 2 cups dough in a thick layer onto bottom of a lightly greased 13x9-inch pan. Top evenly with fresh blueberries. Combine granulated sugars and lime rind and sprinkle evenly over berries. Crumble remaining dough evenly over berries.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Cool shortbread in pan on a wire rack 2 hours. Cut into squares before serving.