Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold (cut into bits)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups rinsed blueberries
- 2 nectarines, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch wedges
- Topping: In a small bowl, blend together all ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill the topping while making the batter.
- Batter: In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, beat in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together baking powder, flour and salt.
- Alternately beat the flour mixture and eggs into the butter mixture. Add an egg each time beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the blueberries and nectarines.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the batter in a well-greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle the topping evenly over it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min or until knife inserted comes out clean and topping is crisp and golden.
This was fantastic!
Wow! I chose this recipe because I had several ripe nectarines and a container of fresh blueberries and luckily found this recipe that used both ingredients. I split the recipe in half and used two 8 X 8 pans...one for home and one to take to a friend. The topping is crunchy, sweet, and heavenly...a perfect contrast to the less-sweet coffee cake full of fresh fruit that sits beneath it. Very easy to put together, too. I added a dusting of powdered sugar when the buckle was cool and it looks lovely. Can't wait to have it tomorrow morning with coffee.