This is wonderful over pancakes!
Make and share this Blueberry-Maple Syrup Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and stem blueberries.
- Place in a deep saucepan and crush.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add maple syrup.
- Return to medium heat and cook till thoroughly mixed.
- Remove from heat and serve while hot.
- Good topping for pancakes and ice cream.
This was very easy and very yummy. We pulled it together quickly while waffles were cooking and used it warm from the stove. It's not blueberry season here, so I used frozen wild blueberries and added a tablespoon of lemon juice. If the little blue mouths around here are any evidence, the sauce was a hit. Thank you *Alia* we'll use this recipe often!
This sauce was so easy to put together that one wouldn't think it'd taste as great as it does . . . but it DOES TASTE GREAT! I've now had some over ice cream, on hot cereal, & am saving a bit for some waffles! Another time I want to make a larger batch & freeze them for another time! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]